Our goal is to provide legal services of the highest quality to our clients at a reasonable cost. We believe this simple policy will enhance the success of our clients and encourage long-term attorney-client relationships.
Marc E. Montalbine
Marc Montalbine heads the group’s European office. He advises European companies exporting to the United States on a range of trade issues, including antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings.
From 1991 to 1994, Mr. Montalbine served as a trial attorney in the Civil Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, representing the United States government in international trade cases brought before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Prior to joining the Justice Department, Mr. Montalbine worked as a commercial litigator and bankruptcy attorney for a Richmond, Virginia law firm and clerked for the Honorable John A. Mackenzie, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. In addition to being an attorney, Mr. Montalbine is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. Montalbine is a 1986 graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law. From 1994 to 1995, he studied European Law at the University of Saarland under a Fulbright Scholarship. Mr. Montalbine studied accounting at Old Dominion University.
- Areas of Expertise
- Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Investigations
- Customs Counseling, Litigation, and Enforcement
- Export Controls
- Bar Admissions
- Bar Memberships
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Universitat des Saarlandes, Europa-Institut
- University of Virginia Law School J.D.
- Old Dominion University B.S. (Accounting)